Skip to main content

Chanel Skincare: HYDRA BEAUTY MICRO SÉRUM and LE LIFT CRÈME FIRMING ANTI-WRINKLE CREAM

Hey there my beauties!!  Now that we have entered winter, a cooler climate even in Jeddah, I began to notice some dry patches around my face particularly my chin.  I had tried to treat this condition with almost all the products that I had in my beauty arsenal, but nothing was helping.  Alas, I then decided to make a trip to my local Debenhams and came across Chanel Skincare.

I had previously tried the line last in 2011.  I was not fully satisfied with the performance of the complete skincare regime I had purchased then, so over the years had gone on to try other products.  I thought it has been a while now and I might just indulge once again.

As I scanned all the products that were on display, two of them just screamed out at me.  I had a some idea of what they were with my research I had done.  First, I tried the HYDRA BEAUTY MICRO SÉRUM on the top of my hand.  Just wow, I thought to myself!! This product instantly made my hand feel smooth and hydrated.  Right then I knew this was coming home with me.  Then I saw the three jars of the LE LIFT CRÈME Firming - Anti-Wrinkle line.  




HYDRA BEAUTY MICRO SÉRUM





LE LIFT CRÈME FIRMING ANTI-WRINKLE CREAM


I opened each jar to see their consistency.  I was impressed with all of them, to be honest.  Considering my skin was dry in patches you would imagine that I would have gone for the 
CHANEL LE LIFT CRÈME RICHE which is for dry/dehyrdrated skin. On the contrary, I decided to go for the CRÈME (cream)   I thought that if I used the hydrating serum and a thick rich cream, I might just breakout.  My skin is on the sensitive side and I know I should never pile on a million products because it just doesn't work for me.

The cream was so smooth and not too thick, at the same time felt luxurious.  I was in love!! I told the saleswoman that I wanted these two products and headed to cash register.

The same night I started using these two products and can I tell you that I was pleasantly surprised and had a slight debbie downer.  First off, I would like to have you know that Chanel products are highly fragranced!! This is one thing that I had forgotten over the years and the testers at the counter weren't so potent as they were opened from before and not fresh jars.  I didn't pick up on the smell issue.  That put me off slightly as I don't like fragranced products personally.  I like to use products if it is a must that have a faint smell.

Here in Jeddah, you cannot return products once they are open.  That is the policy here for all cosmetic products and I was like I got to use these no matter what now.  I was in no way going to waste 1100 Saudi Riyals!!

The HYDRA BEAUTY MICRO SÉRUM is fragranced as the other, but the smell is not that overpowering.  I can tolerate and it's pretty much negligble.  But the LE LIFT CRÈME FIRMING ANTI-WRINKLE CREAM was a different story.  As I continued to use it, the smell has calmed down to quite an extent and now I don't find it irritating or strong at all.

Now with regards to the results, I can happily report that these products do deliver!! The HYDRA BEAUTY MICRO SÉRUM is a skin saver! If you must have one Chanel skincare product, I would suggest to purchase this!  It is that phenomenal!!  It makes my skin feel silky smooth and hydrated.  All in all, a total winner!! It would set you back about $110 though for 1oz.  


The LE LIFT CRÈME FIRMING ANTI-WRINKLE CREAM also does not disappoint!  You get bang for your buck!!  I had a few fine lines creeping up on my forehead and with continuous use of the cream for a month, I can tell that my skin is much more taut and those lines are almost gone!! I think that is totally radical!! My face contours seem more defined and skin appears to be refined as well.  Pore size also has reduced, but I cannot say that they don't exist.  This costs $165 for a jar of 1.7oz.

I do agree that the products are expensive, but my motto is that I only get this one face and would like to age gracefully.  I think it is an investment in the long run to take care of your facial skin.  After all, that is the first thing that people will see, right?!

Anyway, I highly recommend both of these products.  I have already raved about them to my mother and sisters and urged them to see for themselves!!  

Let me know what your experience was with these products and do check out my YouTube video for my review.  

Until next time my loves, toodles!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Secret to Glowing, Clear Skin

Being a beauty blogger, I am always looking for products that will give me the best results in terms of great skin.  My routine got a little monotonous and I was all for something new.  One day, out of boredom I went into my kitchen and came up with a concoction for a homemade mask.  Low and behold, I was surprised!! * chicken dance *  It was a miracle worker as it addressed a couple of issues that I deal with being a dry, sensitive skin type.  Today,  I am going to share with you my secret to clear, healthy skin which you can obtain with simple ingredients that you may have lying in your kitchen shelves. YOU WILL NEED: Chickpea Powder 2.5 Tbsp Sweet Almond Oil 1/2 tsp Turmeric 1/4 tsp Honey 1 tsp Milk 1 tsp Rose Water or Water 2 tsp DIRECTIONS: First, mix the chickpea powder and rose water.  I prefer to use rose water for it's added benefits, but water will do just fine if you're in a pinch.  Then after the two form a thick paste, add the remaining ingredie

Philip Kingsley | Body Building Shampoo

Every girl wants big, voluminous hair making heads turn by the millisecond.  I am jus the same, maybe not wanting all that attention, but certain love big hair!  I have been using  Philip Kingsley Body Building Shampoo  for quite a while and have come to love it! Philip Kingsley Body Building Shampoo Philip Kingsley Body Building Shampoo works like a charm on thin or fine to limp hair by adding body and texture to it.  I find that it also clarifies my hair just as well as any clarifying shampoo.  My hair tends to dry out a bit if I don't use a conditioner.   But, nothing really comprises the body this bad boy gives.  It retails for  £18 at www.l ookfantastic.com for a bottle of 250ml.

Philip Kingsley | Body Building Shampoo

Every girl wants big, voluminous hair making heads turn by the millisecond.  I am just the same, maybe not wanting all that attention, but surely love big hair!  I have been using  Philip Kingsley Body Building Shampoo  for quite a while and have come to love it! Philip Kingsley Body Building Shampoo Philip Kingsley Body Building Shampoo works like a charm on fine to limp hair by adding body and texture to it.  I find that it also clarifies my hair just as well as any clarifying shampoo.  My hair tends to dry out a bit if I don't use a conditioner.   But, nothing really comprises the body this bad boy gives.  It retails for  £18 at www.l ookfantastic.com for a bottle of 250ml.