Skip to main content

Clinique, The Brand, and My Hero Product - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion +


Over the span of the last ten years, I have had an off-on relationship with a certain brand.  I never was brand focused in my early years as a student at school or university.  However, I was introduced to this particular departmental store brand in 2006 after suffering some breakouts for the first time in my life.  It was totally unexpected and was triggered by a trip to a country with a different climate than what I was used to; as I was living in London, United Kingdom at the time.  I was at my wits end since I had never faced such a problem before. It was then that my sister recommended that I try out Clinique.

As a precursor, I would like to tell you that I hardly ever exfoliated my skin and I used Nivea's a face wash and a L'oreal face cream.  My skin was in emaculate condition prior to my trip to the unnamed country.

I decided to take up my sister's suggestion and had made my way to get a consultation from the Sales Assistant (SA) at the Clinique departmental stall in London. I agreed to purchase all of which she most conveniently insisted was a must have for my skin.  She persuaded me by saying that my mild acne would clear up if I followed the 3 Step Skincare System with exfoliating 3 times a week. 

Since I was a novice and not aware of Clinique, I trusted the SA in what she said I needed.  As it turned out, she gave me the Clarifying Lotion (a toner) that wasn't even for my skin type.  I had normal skin then and wasn't dry/dehydrated or oily for that matter.  I was given the Clarifying Lotion in number 3 which is for oily to combination skin.

As the days went on, I began peeling and my skin became red and irritated from exfoliating 3 times a week.  With the continued use of the products, my Mom, had noticed that my skin was getting worse and I had developed extreme dryness which led to major flaking.  I decided to visit the Clinique stall once again and by chance the same SA was present.  She was not as hospitable as she was on my first visit.  (I had already probably been an easy prey to shove a whole load of products on to and surely helped her reach her sales target for a week. *sigh*)  The lady reluctantly came over and saw my skin and just said to reduce the number of times of exfoliation and told me to moisturize more and walked off.  I was distraught with her behavior considering how cold she was.

On my way home, I set my mind to trust my own instincts and see for myself which products I wanted to use daily and which to lay off.  I cut down on the application of the Clarifying Lotion after using the facial wash and would only use a minimal amount to sweep all over my face and neck.  As for the exfoliator, even once a week was irritating and I subsequently stopped it altogether.  There was only one hero product for me and that was the yellow moisturizer, the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion.  


Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion +


Over the years, I have purchased this about 3-4 times and haven't been disappointed.  It is a nice hypoallergenic product which is cost effective and consumer friendly.  The lotion didn't make my skin flare up and when I came to know a newer version especially for sensitive skin had been released - I had to get my hands on it.

I honestly didn't notice a major difference as compared to the other one, but definitely would recommend, that if you are looking to try a product from Clinique, the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion + is something to give a go. 

After I used up my Clinique skincare, I had moved on to other brands.  During that time, I had kind of forgotten about Clinique and again remembered it one day casually going through old pictures.  I remembered how I had loved using the yellow lotion and I would not mind using that again.  

I did also try the extra mild face wash which is for sensitive skin and found it much more gentle along with the mild Clarifying Toner.  If you have similar skin to me, I think this would be a safe bet as it is non-irritating considering the lotion doesn't have alcohol! A double whammy in my books. *does chicken dance* 


Clinique Liquid Facial Soap - Mild
(I used Extra Mild)


Clinique Clarifying Lotion - Mild

Now you can purchase the trial kits specific to each skin type which weren't available ten years ago.  I think they are a God send!!  Here is an example:

Clinique Trial Kit for Skin Type 1


I hope you all have found my story and review helpful!! A long time hero in my books ....  the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Secret to Glowing, Clear Skin

Being a beauty blogger, I am always looking for products that will give me the best results in terms of great skin.  My routine got a little monotonous and I was all for something new.  One day, out of boredom I went into my kitchen and came up with a concoction for a homemade mask.  Low and behold, I was surprised!! * chicken dance *  It was a miracle worker as it addressed a couple of issues that I deal with being a dry, sensitive skin type.  Today,  I am going to share with you my secret to clear, healthy skin which you can obtain with simple ingredients that you may have lying in your kitchen shelves. YOU WILL NEED: Chickpea Powder 2.5 Tbsp Sweet Almond Oil 1/2 tsp Turmeric 1/4 tsp Honey 1 tsp Milk 1 tsp Rose Water or Water 2 tsp DIRECTIONS: First, mix the chickpea powder and rose water.  I prefer to use rose water for it's added benefits, but water will do just fine if you're in a pinch.  Then after the two form a thick paste, add the remaining ingredie

Philip Kingsley | Body Building Shampoo

Every girl wants big, voluminous hair making heads turn by the millisecond.  I am jus the same, maybe not wanting all that attention, but certain love big hair!  I have been using  Philip Kingsley Body Building Shampoo  for quite a while and have come to love it! Philip Kingsley Body Building Shampoo Philip Kingsley Body Building Shampoo works like a charm on thin or fine to limp hair by adding body and texture to it.  I find that it also clarifies my hair just as well as any clarifying shampoo.  My hair tends to dry out a bit if I don't use a conditioner.   But, nothing really comprises the body this bad boy gives.  It retails for  £18 at www.l ookfantastic.com for a bottle of 250ml.

Philip Kingsley | Body Building Shampoo

Every girl wants big, voluminous hair making heads turn by the millisecond.  I am just the same, maybe not wanting all that attention, but surely love big hair!  I have been using  Philip Kingsley Body Building Shampoo  for quite a while and have come to love it! Philip Kingsley Body Building Shampoo Philip Kingsley Body Building Shampoo works like a charm on fine to limp hair by adding body and texture to it.  I find that it also clarifies my hair just as well as any clarifying shampoo.  My hair tends to dry out a bit if I don't use a conditioner.   But, nothing really comprises the body this bad boy gives.  It retails for  £18 at www.l ookfantastic.com for a bottle of 250ml.